The Alpha Gamma Chapter of Delta Sigma Phi was chartered at Georgia Tech in 1920—nearly a century ago. Since then, our chapter has consistently made a positive impact on campus and in the Atlanta community. Delta Sigs serve in many campus leadership roles, and the Chapter is consistently among the top fraternities for philanthropy, academics, and athletic achievement.
Delta Sigma Phi was the first national fraternity to be founded on the basis of religious and ethnic acceptance. Embodying that spirit, we were the first IFC fraternity on the Georgia Tech campus to racially integrate in the 1970s. Today, we are one of the most geographically and ethnically diverse fraternities on campus. Our culture of inclusiveness is very much aligned with that of the broader Georgia Tech campus.
Our alumni include highly successful entrepreneurs, business executives, architects, lawyers, public servants, clergymen, and, of course, countless helluva engineers. Just a few of our prominent alumni include:
Originally housed in an off campus property near the GT campus on Williams Street, the chapter moved into the current chapter house at 165 Fourth Street in 1954. Our current house has served as "home" for more than 1,000 brothers over the years.
In 2015, our alumni leaders launched the Alpha Gamma Century Campaign, with the goal of raising funds to rebuild the Chapter House on its current location. The new house will both commemorate our first century at Georgia Tech and build our foundation for the next.